Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Light in the Piazza














So I went to an audition again, mostly just to get back into the habit of it, and went out to SLC for a musical at the Pioneer Theater Company. I didn't know how it would go since I'm just getting back into the audition thing, and they don't exactly have a lovey-dovey rapport with BYU students. That's not to say that there's actual enmity, but things have never been congenial. But walking into that theater was wonderful. It was a real theater. Like the kind you find in Minnesota.

But anyway, if the picture and title of this post mean nothing to you-the musical is The Light in the Piazza and it takes place in Florence. Mystery solved. Oh, and I got a call-back. EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

I was seriously so happy leaving I wanted to cry because it was just reassuring to know that I can still do a good job at an audition after being sick for sooooo long. It wasn't until I got home that I thought about how I didn't know the story or the music and my call-back was in 16 hours.
Luckily I found a synopsis so the sides they gave me to read will make sense. It's a beautiful bittersweet story and one I would love to be a part of, but hey! I'm just sooo happy I made it to call-backs that I'll be singing romantically to myself all week.

I am just grateful for moments of grace like these.

4 comments:

Kristina P. said...

Lobbie, that's great! I hope it works out.

When I go to NYC, I try to take in as many shows as I can, but for some reason, I never see anything here. I really should become more cultured and hip, and see more local theater. I should, but I don't know if I will.

Can I just live vicariously through you? :)

Tiff said...

YAY!

I miss auditioning more than anything else, sometimes. Let us know how it goes... even if it goes crappy so we can curse their names.

Oh, and P.S. you need to stop making your blog a scavengar hunt of your random thoughts with those links... they make me laugh outloud when my daughter is sleeping, you!

Tiff said...

P.P.S.

I just tagged you

Kristina P. said...

Lobbie, my friend, where have you been? No new post in 10 days? Throw me a bone here.