Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Thanksgiving cake

I'm not home now, but I just wanted to say that Nathan and I finally were reunited with the rest of our amazing wedding cake. A great family gathering is taking place and my mom and dad just flew in tonight with my mom carrying the bottom layer of our wedding cake (which weighed about 15 pounds) as her carry-on item all the way to grandma's.

Oh, and Mr. and Mrs. Lobbie were married May of 2007. The cake has been in the freezer since...

It was AWESOME! That's what you get when everything including the fondant is home-made. It also helps to have 25 relatives around to eat it. However, I'm not supposed to have white sugar and I'm...not...feeling...the greatest. I'll get back to the blogging world in a few days when I've recovered and interacted with people. I hope all of you have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

7 comments:

Kristina P. said...

It's over a year old? And has fondant? I think I would pass.

Lobbie said...

The fondant was amazing. Almond-flavored home-made fondant. I didn't know it was possible that it could be good but it was!

Alison Wonderland said...

My brand new sisters in law ate all of my leftover wedding cake on the wedding night. It wasn't that big of a cake and well, I was busy with other things. But I think I may still harbor some bad feelings about it.

Jules AF said...

yuuuuuuuuuummmm cake.

Jo said...

Family from out of town who love you enough to tote a frozen cake clear across the country? That is love, real love. Awwww

Brittany Marie said...

Wow, that is devotion! Our cake that we froze got freezer burned which meant that I never got to taste my own wedding cake.

Kristina P. said...

Miss Lobbie, where have you been? I need some cute posts from you!!

I saw your comment on Brittany's blog, so I know you're alive. :)